You may use the following method to perform an interactive installation and configuration of a VMware ESXi 5.5 host.
1. On the ESXi-5.5.0-20140902001-standard Boot Menu page select ESXi-5.5.0-20140902001-standard Installer.
2. In the Welcome to the VMware ESXi 5.5.0 Installation dialog box hit Enter to continue.
3. In the End User License Agreement (EULA) dialog box hit F11 to accept the EULA.
4. In the Select a Disk to Install or Upgrade dialog box verify that the correct hard disk is selected then hit Enter to continue.
5. In the Please select a keyboard layout dialog box select US Default then hit Enter to continue.
6. In the Enter a root password dialog box enter a password then hit Enter.
7. In the Confirm Install dialog box hit F11.
8. In the Installation Complete dialog box hit Enter to reboot the server.