VMware ESXi 5.5 Installation
1. Verify that the host server’s BIOS hardware clock is configure to use UTC±0.
2. Select the correct disk to install VMware ESXi 5.5.
3. Select a keyboard layout.
4. Enter a password for the VMware ESXi root account.
5. Remove bootable media upon the completion of the installation.
Management Network Configuration
1. Configure the management network (with NIC teaming).
2. Test management network.
3. Verify the Internet Protocol (IP) address on the Direct Console User Interface (DCUI) is correct.
Network Time Protocol (NTP) Configuration
1. Install the VMware vSphere client 5.5.
2. Configure NTP on the VMware ESXi 5.5 host.
Domain Name System (DNS) and Routing Configuration
1. Configure the DNS servers using the VMware vSphere client 5.5.
2. Verify the default gateway is configured correctly.
3. Create Domain Name System (DNS) records for the host on your DNS server(s).