You may use the following method to configure the Domain Name System (DNS) server(s) for a VMware ESXi 5.5 host.
1. Connect to the VMware ESXi host using the VMware vSphere Client.
2. In the VMware vSphere Client 5.5 navigate to Configuration > DNS and Routing and click Properties….
3. In the DNS and Routing Configuration dialog box on the DNS Configuration tab enter all of the configuration information for the host.
4. In the DNS and Routing Configuration dialog box on the Routing tab verify that the Default gateway: is configured correctly then click OK.
5. In the Gateway Not Specified dialog box you may safely click Yes if you are not using IPv6.
6. The DNS and Routing page should now display all of the correct settings.